Thursday, April 26, 2007

Vladimir

"My friend soon I shall die"
Says Nabakov
Which is when I cut off his thumbs
And decorate his thumbs
With magic markers
Before my Swiss tutor
Asks about Waterloo or the Spanish armada
Or something
Then I go on Surivor
To form the naked alliance
Because no naked teenagers
Will ever lose an election
With forty-five year-old cannibals
In Spider-man costumes
Who terrorize potato-bugs
In Phoenix, Arizona
Before my state senator
Assigns twenty-thousand
Horror-film kill-scenes

3 comments:

death-hustler said...

Hey! What an awesome poem. Now I feel fortified to watch twelve hours of television. I think many of these poems are just excellent.

Ofelia said...

Thank you.

MadisonGlass said...

Hey. I already told you this poem was good. But I'll tell you again. It's good.