Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Boise, Idaho

I've been in Boise, Idaho to visit friends such as Amber and Madison and it reminded me of how I miss Boise which is a beautiful, flat, and small city. I ate a Kabob.

We watched the movie Across The Universe and drank beer in the movie theater. The movie was designed to make fifty-year-olds feel comfortable with history and a little bit radical politically and to then feel more comfortable with today's day to day life.

The movie ends with the song All You Need is Love or something. It's a musical. It's very dramatic.

I also watched the movies The Darjeeling Limited and Children of Men.

I think that writer's should focus on writing movies [after the writer's strike or whatever].

I went to the discovery center and learned about DNA.

This has become pointless. People do things and then do other things and each things seems very important but upon reflection how can anything be important or not important. Everything is probably the same on some scale.

3 comments:

Teddy Hanover said...

Yeah, I say it is all forgetable in a time frame of a thousand years or a billion years or something equally expansive. We have little human sized stuff in a big universe, and that also makes me feel like everything is equally forgetable. But I like letting it feel important too. You can write. I am telling all my friends about you.

Ofelia said...

Thank you Mike.

I think I have a problem with perspective because I start to feel like valuing my emotions, thoughts, etc... is selfish, like I'm thinking my personal things are more important than ten billion other personal things...

I don't know what that means...

Teddy Hanover said...

I don't know exactly what it means, but I still relate to it. When I was first writing I refused to write about anyone except for in third person; he and she. That was it, there was no you and no I. It just seemed like anything of me was not what could be interesting because there were so many other things. As I grew up I found out I liked humans and human problems more, and that no matter what I do when I show someone something of myself I am letting them see the faults of me. Even if I don't mean to show them anything of myself. But, I delete and don't know what I am talking about...


So, I bet we are both just high functioning autistics or something.